Arsenal’s board are “hugely reluctant” to appoint Jose Mourinho if they do decide to sack Unai Emery, according to Football.London journalist James Benge.
The former Chelsea and Manchester United is currently favourite with some bookmakers to take over at the Emirates, but there are said to be major reservations about the Portuguese manager.
It is believed there are no less than five major reasons that Mourinho would not be appointed:
- His past history with attacking the club and Arsene Wenger
- They believe him to be a divisive figure within the dressing room
- His style of play which they feel is not representative of the club’s values
- The way he left Manchester United and the fallout that resulted
- He wouldn’t be given the control over transfers he would be used to
With all that being said, though, Mourinho is apparently keen on taking another job in the Premier League, but it remains to be seen if he would be a candidate if Emery is dispensed with.